[Ifeffit] Demeter installation

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 14 10:01:32 CST 2015

On 01/14/2015 10:53 AM, Miller, BradleyW wrote:
> I’m trying to install Demeter software package on my govt. computer
> which is under a degree of lock down. I have full admin rights but its
> still not running.
>
> Here is the explanation from IT support.
>
> “it wants to install on C:\strawberry <file:///C:%5Cstrawberry> and the
> C: drive is locked down here and all our programs need to be installed
> to C:\program <file:///C:%5Cprogram> files (x86) and when I tried to
> install there it told me that it didn't like spaces in the directory and
> I went ahead and install where it wanted and now program will not run
> due to security “
>
> Any suggestions?

It would be helpful to have a bit more information that "it told me that
it didn't like spaces in the directory".  It would be helpful to me to
see the exact language of the error message.

That said, I'll try to find some time today to try installing the
package to folder with a space and see what happens for myself.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II