[Ifeffit] is there any ongoing effort to integrate feff and larch?

Angel Yanguas-Gil angel.yanguas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:41:21 CST 2015

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think that bringing some modularity to Feff would we great, and
the idea of transforming it into a library you can compile against is
also very appealing.

>From the Python side, creating a module with methods assisting the
creation of a feff.inp config file shouldn't be very difficult, now
that I know that no-one else is working on that I'll push ahead. I
will post any updates on the list.  So far I have been using Feff6 so
I'll have a look at the Feff8 documentation to see if there are
substantial differences between the two of them.

Thanks, and happy new year

Angel