[Ifeffit] Trouble installing demeter on Mint 17.1

Denis Testemale denis.testemale at neel.cnrs.fr
Thu Feb 19 01:54:43 CST 2015

Stevan, Bruce,

this Athena crashing (when opening a file or importing data) sounds
similar to some trouble I had some months ago. Bruce solved my problem
(as usual...) with a solution that I still need to apply and that still
works perfectly. Iin the terminal, I type:
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
before launching athena or artemis (from the same terminal).

I cannot guarantee that it will sove your problem, and I didn't inspect
your error messages carefully, so I might be miles away from the truth,
but since like me you're from a non-US country with probably non-US
langage environments, I thought it would be worth trying.

Cheers
denis

--
Institut Néel - CNRS