[Ifeffit] Trouble installing demeter on Mint 17.1

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 18 12:06:58 CST 2015

On 02/18/2015 12:43 PM, Stevan Ognjanovic wrote:
> I did not update Mint, I installed a fresh version (formated the drive,
> installed a new version, remounted my data partitions, including the
> home folder, and reinstalled all the packages from the repositories),
> sorry if I did not make it clear enough in the first email. The demeter
> folder in the home folder was carried over from the old linux version,
> but I downloaded the newest version from the github repo. I would think
> this is basically equal to starting with a blank OS. Anyway, I did try
> the ./Build touch_wrapper command without any success (same tests failed
> if I remember correctly).

Still not 100% clear what your situation is.  But this:

   The demeter folder in the home folder was carried over from the old
   linux version,

suggests that you might be running into a problem with binary
compatibility of the ifeffit wrapper with the new version of perl.
But it's hard to tell.  I discuss this in one of my posts in the
thread I pointed you to in my last email.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "downloaded the newest version
from the github repo".  You won't see something I pushed to the head
of the master branch unless you do a "git pull".  If you follow one
of the download links, those just point to the most recently tagged
release, which only gets updated when I tag a new release.

If you clone or pull from the head of the master branch, you will find
that the mistakes in the test scripts are fixed.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II