[Ifeffit] Trouble installing demeter on Mint 17.1

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 18 09:55:56 CST 2015

Hi Stevan,

The errors during ./Build and ./Build test were both pretty innocuous
and easily fixed.  I just pushed solutions to the github repo.  Thanks
for noticing and reporting those.

The major problem you report is that athena was crashing.  It would be
helpful to tell me what gets written to the terminal when this
happens.

That said, I suspect this is because you /updated/ Mint and Demeter's
build script failed to recognize that the Ifeffit wrapper needed to be
recompiled for an updated version of perl.  When you do "perl
Build.PL", it says this, among other things:

   If you are reinstalling Demeter after updating your operating
   system (or updating perl), you may need to do:

     ./Build touch_wrapper
     ./Build test
     ./Build install  (or sudo ./Build install)

That is trying to prompt you about the problem I suspect you are
seeing.  What happens if you do "./Build touch_wrapper", as suggested?
Does athena then run?

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II