[Ifeffit] Trouble installing demeter on Mint 17.1

Stevan Ognjanovic stevan.ognjanovic at uni-due.de
Wed Feb 18 03:21:23 CST 2015

Dear list,

After upgrading my Linux OS to Mint 17.1, I have trouble installing
demeter again (on Mint 14 it used to install and run without problems).
sudo ./Build installdeps failed to install a few dependencies even after
issuing the command several times (Wx and Regexp:Assemble), so I
installed them manually from the Mint repositories. After that, perl
./Build.PL said that all dependencies were satisfied. I then ran ./Build
which finished, I think, normally. The only lines that look remotely
suspicious are:

Chantler data conversion tool 1.2 for Absorption 0.10
   Parsing lines ...
   Parsing element 5Argument "8.20144-01" isn't numeric in numeric le
(<=) at lib/Xray/data/chantler2st.PL line 120, <CHANTLER> line 81.
  10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90
   Getting energy list keys ... sorting energy list ... and making
energy hash
   Saving new database, lib/Xray/data/../Absorption/chantler.db.

However, when I run ./Build test it shows that 2/44 tests fail (5/2681
subtests). Please find the terminal output below.

It might be usefull to mention that at first I tried to install demeter
without root privileges (following the Dave Hughes' guide), with same
tests failing. I went on to ./Build install anyway, and it succeded, but
when trying to open previously saved projects, dathena would crash. I
then removed demeter and the local perl directory, and tried installing
demeter again, this time with root privileges following Bruce Ravel's guide.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

./Build test terminal output:

t/000_ifeffit.t ......... ok
t/001_base.t ............ ok
t/002_types.t ........... ok

#   Failed test 'configuration system introspection works: groups 37
artemis'
#   at t/003_config.t line 61.

#   Failed test 'configuration system introspection works: main_groups 37'
#   at t/003_config.t line 63.

#   Failed test 'introspection after reading new group: groups'
#   at t/003_config.t line 74.

#   Failed test 'introspection after reading new group: main_groups'
#   at t/003_config.t line 76.
# Looks like you failed 4 tests of 24.
t/003_config.t ..........
Failed 4/24 subtests
t/004_data.t ............ ok
t/005_plot.t ............ ok
t/006_gds.t ............. ok
t/007_prj.t ............. ok
t/008_path.t ............ ok

#   Failed test 'statistics reporting seems ok'
#   at t/009_fit.t line 97.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 25.
t/009_fit.t .............
Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/25 subtests
t/010_feff.t ............ ok
t/011_sp.t .............. ok
t/012_atoms.t ........... ok
t/013_spacegroups.t ..... ok
t/014_vpath.t ........... ok
t/015_sspath.t .......... ok
t/016_fspath.t .......... ok
t/017_structuralunit.t .. ok
t/018_multichannel.t .... ok
t/019_provenance.t ...... ok
t/020_indicator.t ....... ok
t/021_externalfeff.t .... ok
t/022_filetypes.t ....... ok
t/023_files.t ........... ok
t/024_graph.t ........... ok
t/025_lcf.t ............. ok
t/026_xes.t ............. ok
t/028_fpath.t ........... ok
t/029_threebody.t ....... ok
t/030_xdi.t ............. ok
t/031_quench.t .......... ok
t/032_miscellany.t ...... ok
t/100_elam.t ............ ok
t/101_mcmaster.t ........ ok
t/102_chantler.t ........ ok
t/103_henke.t ........... ok
t/104_shaltout.t ........ ok
t/105_fluo.t ............ ok
t/500_checker.t ......... ok
t/501_dataBlock.t ....... ok
t/502_dictionary.t ...... ok
t/503_filter.t .......... ok
t/504_parser.t .......... ok
t/505_writer.t .......... ok

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/003_config.t        (Wstat: 0 Tests: 24 Failed: 4)
   Failed tests:  17-18, 23-24
t/009_fit.t           (Wstat: 256 Tests: 25 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  17
   Non-zero exit status: 1
Files=44, Tests=2681, 69 wallclock secs ( 0.29 usr  0.06 sys + 67.36
cusr  2.64 csys = 70.35 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 2/44 test programs. 5/2681 subtests failed.

Kind regards,
Stevan Ognjanovic

--
Stevan Ognjanovic, Dipl.-Ing.