[Ifeffit] Solution to running Demeter on an ORNL computer

Mullins, David R. mullinsdr at ornl.gov
Thu Dec 17 10:29:51 CST 2015

Matt,

I rapidly get in over my head when I try to understand how my computer is organized.

To the best of my knowledge I need elevated privileges to even run the downloaded .exe file. By getting the Admin privileges to do this it automatically sets my default User folder to Admin.

I don’t know what they’ve instituted so that my previously installed Demeter aps wouldn’t run nor why software installed in the Admin folder won’t run from my reduced level of privileges. It doesn’t seem to be affecting any of my other programs.

Dave