[Ifeffit] Academic Career Opportunity in X-ray Spectroscopy at the University of Leeds

Sven L. M. Schroeder slm.schroeder at outlook.com
Sun Aug 23 10:32:12 CDT 2015

Dear colleagues

I would like to advertise an exciting career opportunity for an X-ray
spectroscopist at the University of Leeds. Leeds is one of the top 10
research-intensive Universities in the UK. Through our international
academic recruitment programme ( http://250greatminds.leeds.ac.uk )  we wish
to consolidate our strategic relationship with Diamond Light Source by
appointing a

University Academic Fellow in Structure-Function Determination in Complex
Soft Matter Systems

Chemical product and process engineering can now take advantage of structure
analysis with a broad range of X-ray techniques that have become available
at the UK’s synchrotron radiation source, DIAMOND. The focus of the research
is to determine structure information across length scales, ideally in situ
under process conditions, and from molecular to macroscopic dimensions, and
to combine such information with multi-scale models to generate a seamless
understanding of the relationships between microstructure, processing
conditions and product performance.  The Fellowship is an exciting
opportunity for an engineer or physical scientist with an interest in
determining structural/performance relationships in complex products,
particularly soft matter systems, with synchrotron radiation techniques.

Salary:

£38,511 to £45,954

Closing Date:

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Reference:

ENGPE1026

Career Pathway: Successful completion of a 5 year probationary period
leading to appointment to Grade 9, Associate Professor.

More particulars are available at:

https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/Upload/vacancies/files/2719/ENGPE1026 - UAF in
Structure-Function Determination in Complex Soft Matter1.pdf
<https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/Upload/vacancies/files/2719/ENGPE1026%20-%20UAF%20
in%20Structure-Function%20Determination%20in%20Complex%20Soft%20Matter1.pdf>

For informal enquiries about the role please feel free to contact me as per
details below.

--

Sven L. M. Schroeder

Royal Academy of Engineering Bragg Centenary Chair

School of Chemical and Process Engineering | Institute for Particle Science
and Engineering (IPSE)  | University of Leeds | Leeds LS2 9JT | UK

Room 2.22  |  Engineering Building

T   +44 (0)113 343 2401  |  PA/secretary (Kirn Jutlla) +44 (0)113 343 2404

E    <mailto:s.l.m.schroeder at leeds.ac.uk> s.l.m.schroeder at leeds.ac.uk  | W
<https://www.engineering.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff/s.l.m.schroeder>
https://www.engineering.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff/s.l.m.schroeder