[Ifeffit] La2Zr2O7 EXAFS fitting

herve muguerra herve.muguerra at neel.cnrs.fr
Fri Aug 14 03:41:10 CDT 2015

Dear All,

First of all, I am still very new in EXAFS analysis, so please excuse me
for any misunderstandings.

My sample is a crystalized La2Zr2O7 thin layer (thickness = 100 nm) on a
NiW substrate and we have realized EXAFS measurements by grazing angle
under primary vacuum at Lathanum L3 edge (ESRF, Grenoble, France).

My objectives are to establish the local distortions due to the
different constraints in the oxide thin layer.

The La2zr2O7 crystalized in a pyrochlore structure (SG = Fd-3m ; a =
10.78A).
First scattering path
La-O2.1                                2.3352A
La-O1.1                                2.6453A

But I have a problem: I observe the first peaks at 1.28A and 1.80A on
the EXAFS spectra as a function of R.

How do you explain this feature?

Can you point me in the right direction for these issues?

I attached the project file La_80_LZO_1000.prj of my sample:
LAHM045 to LAHM50 = 6 different scans
La_80_LZO_1000 = Data merge

Thanks

Best regards