[Ifeffit] Possibly non-reproduceable fits

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 4 15:18:08 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

I just uploaded trial installers.  Links can be found at
http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/#windows

I am pretty sure that the plotting issue is resolved and that you can
configure the programs to use the wxt terminal everytime.

I found and solved /a/ problem with fitting.  Whether I found and
solved /your/ is something you'll have to tell me :)

I was able to replicate something quite similar to what you
described.  I believe that my comment about it being a problem with
quick first shell paths was incorrect and that my suggested
work-around was a red herring.  That is, I suspect you will see
exactly the same problem with my "work-around".

If the thing I fixed is the same issue that you are seeing, the fit is
not retroactive.  That is, I cannot fix the history in an existing
project file.  But I think your next project file will work as you
expect.

Give the new installer a try and let me know if you think it is
working.

And thanks, as always, for the bug reports.  (Although the fitting
problem was a seriously tough one!)