[Ifeffit] Localisation issue with plots in Demeter 0.9.22

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 4 08:41:40 CDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 12:31 AM, Godfrey, Ian wrote:
> There seems to be an issue with the way plots are displayed on
> non-English computers: My office PC is Japanese (although set to
> English) and I'm seeing spurious katakana (Japanese) characters in the
> GNUPlot plots generated by Artemis (as well as an Angstrom that's
> missing its circle)!
>

> Screenshot attached.
>

> System: Demeter 0.9.22 x64, Win 8.1 Ent x64.

Well, that's fun!

Try this and let me know if it makes a difference:

With a text editor (like notepad, not Word), open the file

   C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\Demeter\templates\plot\gnuplot\start.tmpl

Edit line 8 to read

   set encoding iso_8859_1

that is, replace "default" with "iso_8859_1".

That's my first thought.  No guarantees!

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II