[Ifeffit] Trouble creating feff input file for NaTiO3 cubic perovskite structure

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 30 07:21:18 CDT 2014

On 09/30/2014 05:45 AM, Badari Rao wrote:
> Dear All,
> When I try to feed the following data into the atoms input and run the
> feff calculations, the software just automatically closes.
> space group no: 221
> a = b = c = 3.88; alpha = beta = gamma = 90;
> atomic coordinates:
> Na: 0.5, 0.5 , 0.5
> Ti:   0,    0,    0
> O:   0,    0,    0.5
>
> Core: Ti
>
> I don't think it is a bug because the calculation works perfectly when I
> replace Na with heavier atoms like K, Mg etc. I would like to know why I
> am not able to create the feff input file using Na.

I cannot reproduce your problem using the information you've given.
That structural data runs just fine and gives sensible output on both
Windows and linux.

When making a bug report, you should include the information discussed
in http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/bugs.pod.html.  Without the
information in the error log and without an actionable recipe for
replicating the problem, there is simply nothing that I can do to help.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2