[Ifeffit] FEff

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:31:25 CDT 2014

Carlos,

A Feff.inp file has exactly 1 absorbing element.  From this absorber,
scattering paths to its neighboring atoms are found and the XAFS
contribution calculated for each of these paths.

So you need to make 24 (or more?) separate Feff.inp files.  The list of
atomic coordinates can be the same, but you can change which Ti atom is the
absorber.  Be aware that each Feff calculation really needs to take place
in its own directory (as Feff will overwrite output files), so you really
want approximately 24 different directories, each with its own Feff.inp
file.

Then you can add up all the contributions from all of the resulting
feffNNNN.dat files.

We know this is slightly painful and that it really should be easier.
Bruce and I have started working on modifications to the Feff input /
output mechanism that should eventually make this sort of thing easier.
We need help doing this!

--Matt

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431