[Ifeffit] Inconsistency of the amplitude reduction factor

HOON Kim science at live.co.kr
Thu Sep 18 09:07:57 CDT 2014

Dear Bruce,
Thank you for the references.
In my opinion, it is a bit tricky to say that the battery cathode undergoes a morphological change during a single charge. There is apparently a phase transition including crystal lattice changes and oxidation state changes. If the change of the crystal structure is remarkable (e.g. layered structure to spinel structure), this may lead to the morphological change. My feeling is that even a normal phase transition may affect the 'amplitude reduction factor' during the electrochemical cycling.
Kind Regards,HOON