[Ifeffit] Inconsistency of the amplitude reduction factor

HOON Kim science at live.co.kr
Thu Sep 18 06:06:49 CDT 2014

Hello,
I am a bit confused about the amplitude reduction factor (S0^2), in a sense that whether this factor must be determined by fitting or constrained by a reference value for a specific element. I'm dealing with a cathode composite (for lithium-ion battery) comprised of two crystal phases. During charge-discharge, the amplitude reduction factor changes and at a certain state of charge (SOC) it changes a lot  such as from 0.77 to 0.67. My understanding is that it may reflect the phase transition of the material into the amplitude reduction factor. But, I'm not sure ... I need advice on this.
Thank you !
Kind Regards,HOON