[Ifeffit] problems re-opening Athena project

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Sat Sep 13 14:20:51 CDT 2014

Andrea,

Your project file is horribly, unrecoverably broken.  A project file in
that state is unusual in the sense that I do not know how you got there
and I do not know how to replicate it.

To understand what went awry, I would have to know more about how you
got to that point.  For starters, it would help to see the data that you
imported into Athena to begin with.  A screenshot of the state of the
column selection dialog right before clicking the OK button would
probably help also.  I'll probably have more questions after that.

Bottom line, you found a neat, new (to me) way of breaking my program.
Clearly the work of an experienced EXAFS person!! :P

On 09/12/2014 08:51 PM, Foster, Andrea wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am an experienced EXAFS person, but not having a lot of luck using Athena.
>
> I am trying to set up an Athena project for linear combo fitting.
>
> I can get the data + model compounds imported, and I can save a project
> file.  However, after saving and closing the file, the next time I try
> to open, I am asked to re-import the data from the project file (I think
> this is a normal part of Athena)...
> Inline image 4
>
> ...but when I try to select importing as chi(k) instead of u(E), I get
> the following message

This is certainly not related to the problem with the project file, but
I want to point out that the box in the project selection dialog is
labelled "Plot as", not "Import as".  Its purpose is to display the data
in different ways to help you decide what data you might want to import.
  Data is always imported from a project file in the same manner as it
was imported from the raw data file regardless of how you choose to plot
it before clicking the import selection button.