[Ifeffit] Question about using a proper model

pushkar shejwalkar pshejwalkar2004 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:57:53 CDT 2014

Dear Matt,
          Thank you very much for your reply. Yes it generates list of XYZ
cordinates. I am wondering if its ok to use such information. The reason is
that while converting the XYZ file into .inp file, the format is different
and hence I am simply typing the coordinates into it, however I am not sure
as to should I change nleg values, Rmax values and other mphase mfeff
values and all. Is it same for all the program? just changing the
coordinates is enough?
About lower E0 value, I read in Shelly's paper that mostly ppl do not
report E0 value and if they and if it is >10 then there may be problem with
modelling or so. one of the method to reduce such chances of high E0 is by
properly aligning spectra in athena. She mention in this a method to use
first artemis for getting first shell fitting using E0=0 and then coming
back to the athena and using this file as reference. But I am not sure how
to open artemis file in athena because if I open .fpj file in athena it
doesnt recognise and says that the format is not readable if you continue
then athena shutdown. In artemis I cannot save file as .prj. is there a way
around? OR IT IS JUST THAT I AM DOING IT ALL WRONG?
Thank you very much for your help.
Pushkar

Best Regards,
Pushkar Shejwalkar.