[Ifeffit] save Artemis project and cannot find Path List information when reopen

Godfrey, Ian i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 26 23:47:02 CDT 2014

Dear All,

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I've been experiencing a bug that produces very similar symptoms and that I guess may be related; but that won't be solved by Bruce's fix. Details are as follows:

Software: Demeter 0.9.18.2 and 0.9.20 x64 (possibly earlier releases too) on Windows 8.1 x64 (I've never observed this bug on Windows versions before 8, but I've been using Windows 8 as my main OS for a while now so that may be coincidental)

Steps to reproduce: I run a fitting project using quick first shell fits and save it. When I re-open the project around 80% of the time the problem occurs.

Symptoms: When I re-open the project around 80-90% of the time one or more of the following occurs:

- One of the quick shell paths completely loses all its information (including path information which isn't editable by the user, parameter info etc; see attached screenshot)
- Parameter info for one or more paths is reset to the default (i.e. if I've named a path delrauau it's renamed dr_ag_au_1)
- In the GDS window starting values for parameters that have a non-zero starting value are set to their previously guessed value, rather than the starting value I set (ie. If I set ss as 0.003 and during the fit it is guessed to be 0.001 when I reopen the project the starting value will be set to 0.001) and "restrain" parameters are changed to "guess".
- Phase correct fitting boxes are unticked (sometimes in an "impossible fashion" where the "plot with phase correction" option is set but no paths have the "use path for phase corrected plotting" option set)

Attachments:

Noinfo.png - screenshot of Artemis when path info is lost
Reset.png - screenshot of Artemis when parameter names are reset
Dartemis.log - Artemis log file when opening a project that has this problem
Artemis.fpj - Artemis project file that displays these symptoms.

Please let me know if you need further info/files.

Thanks,

Ian

Ps:
OK, things got weird while preparing this bug report: The file in question stopped opening at all - Artemis loaded and went through loading fit x, x+1 etc., once it finished (not exactly sure what stage) it just closed. And then, after several attempts, started working again, as if by magic, before I'd saved a log file.... If I can figure out how to reproduce this I'll send more info...