[Ifeffit] iXAFS & xQuartz

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 16 07:46:51 CDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 11:00 AM, Gaspard Jean-Pierre wrote:

> Hi all,
> On a MacBook under OS X.8.5, I downloaded iXAFS and xQuartz.
> I start xQuartz. When I try to start iXAFS, it requests X11 that is
> obviously active, I see it. However iXAFS says : "X11 is not installed".
> I am missing something but I do not know what.

I would guess that you are not getting an answer to your question
because you are asking about an unsupported, 8-year-old version of the
software.  If you have some compelling reason to use that particular
version, you could search through the archives of this mailing list for
some hints on how to address your problem.  Not being a Mac owner
myself, I surely don't know how to solve it.

Another option is to use a recent, supported version of the software:

   http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/#mac

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2