[Ifeffit] Possible bug in Athena during alignment

Christopher Patridge patridge at buffalo.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:47:30 CDT 2014

Leon,

I am not sure I understand but from what you wrote, did you try to align the data sets to the NaBr standard or did you align the standard associated with each data set to the NaBr standard?  Using the align tool in Athena, one should align the same type of data, i.e. the same sample such as NaBr.  If the samples you try to align are different, then the align function will have some trouble, particularly if there are unique XANES features.  On the other point, a 17 eV shift is not out of the ordinary and Athena does a fine job even as large as 25 eV in my experience with Ag K edge.  calibrate and normalize can not be interchanged unless again I don't understand the problem completely.  Calibrate has to do with the energy scale of the data and normalize has to do with the intensity of the signal at each energy point.

please clarify,

Chris
Dr. Christopher Patridge
Assistant Professor of Chemistry