[Ifeffit] Using artemis to fit EXAFS data with MD- screen message says perl interpreter has stopped working

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Oct 14 12:38:05 CDT 2014

Simer,

I cannot reproduce this on my computer.  That is, I can successfully
make a path from a histogram input file of the sort that you use.

Can you send me:

  1. The data you are using
  2. The atoms or feff input file you are using
  3. The specific histogram input file you are using
  4. The dartemis.log file

When my online instructions say to send me the file
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Demeter\artemis.log", you need to
replace "<username>" with whatever *your* username is.  For example, my
log files are found in
C:\Users\bravel\AppData\Roaming\Demeter\artemis.log and so on.  I really
need to see that file or I may not be able to understand the problem
well enough to help you.  It is almost impossible that that file would
be empty when you run into your problem.