[Ifeffit] error message for Athena lauching on mac os 10.9.5

emmanuelle Montarges-Pelletier emmanuelle.montarges at univ-lorraine.fr
Thu Oct 9 07:08:05 CDT 2014

dear all
Until this morning ATHENA installed through mac ports on my computer (OS 10.9.5) was working rather good.
However, I have tried to open a .prj file (too large apparently) and the ATHENA-PERL software froze. I quit and tried to relaunch ATHENA, but I had the following message this morning on the terminal window:

perl5.16(1177,0x7fff76dad310) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=18446744071562072064) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
Out of memory!

Could someone tell me what I am supposed to do?
Thanks a lot for your answer
Best regards

Emmanuelle MONTARGES-PELLETIER
Chargée de Recherche CNRS

LIEC Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire des Environnements Continentaux
UMR 7360 CNRS Université de Lorraine
15 avenue du Charmois
F-54500 Vandœuvre-lés-Nancy - France
tel 33 (0)3 83 59 62 52
mob 33(0)6 31 33 10 30

Directrice de la Zone Atelier du bassin de la Moselle
http://apps.ensic.inpl-nancy.fr/Zam/index_fr.html