[Ifeffit] "PCA not enabled" on Mac version of Demeter: Athena

Ellen Daugherty ellen.daugherty at colostate.edu
Wed Oct 8 16:41:28 CDT 2014

Should it matter that I still have the old iXAFS program loaded on my
computer? This package is still fully functional.

I am wondering if I need to wipe out all the material I downloaded in order
to install Demeter (including MacPorts) and reinstall.

I have the same OS as Paul, so I don't think that this is an OS problem.

Thanks!
Ellen

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Paul Fons <paul-fons at aist.go.jp> wrote:

> I just wanted to add the comment "works here" for @0.9.20pre10.  This is
> probably more helpful to Frank than Ellen, but it would seem that it
> something unique to Ellen's configuration.  I am running Mavericks 10.9.5
> by the way.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
> On Oct 4, 2014, at 3:50, Ellen Daugherty <ellen.daugherty at colostate.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Hello XAFS community,
>
> I recently upgraded to the new version of Demeter (0.9.20) for Mac and am
> trying to run principal components analysis on my spectra. When I click on
> "Principle components analysis" from the main menu, the window shows the
> following message:
> "PCA is not enabled on this computer.
> The most likely reason is that the perl modules PDL and/or PDL::Stats are
> not available."
>
> Perhaps the solution here is simple, but I am not familiar with perl
> modules and do not understand the source of the issue. I could not find
> information about this problem in the Mail Archive, though I may have
> missed something. Do I need to download the PDL perl modules separately
> from the Demeter installation? Could there be files that are not located in
> the proper directory? Or perhaps PCA is simply not available for Macs?
>
> Please let me know if further information would help in solving this
> problem.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ellen
>

> --