[Ifeffit] Possible problems with athena

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Tue Oct 7 21:48:01 CDT 2014

Hello all,
  I am using the latest version of Demeter (@0.9.20pre10)on the Mac put together by Frank Schima (thank you Frank) and I noticed a problem that I thought I would pass along. This is under OS 10.9 Mavericks with the latest Xquartz (X11) installed.   If one outputs a standard (in this case for Fe) file from Hephaestus and attempts to read it in as an "xmu" file in athena, the following happens.  The element field is identified as Beryllium and E0 is set to 0.  The data while looking fine during the input dialog looks fine.  Changing the Element to Fe and specifying the K edge results and selecting a change in E0 (to tabulated value for example) results in the tabulated value popping up in the E0 box, however, plotting results in the same screen values returning Be L2 edge and a value of 0 for E0.  Note the strange values for the Pre-edge range as well (12106 to 6053 eV).  Fixing this is of no use either as soon as one plots, the strange values return.  I have tried reading the data in as both norm(E) and xmu (it is an xmu file) to no avail.  Any suggestions as to what I might try next?

Cheers,
		Paul
p.s. there are attachments demonstrating the values, but if they get dropped the text description should suffice.

Dr. Paul Fons
Senior Research Scientist
Functional Nano-phase-change Research Team
Nanoelectronics Research Institute
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
METI

AIST Central 4, Higashi 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Ibaraki JAPAN 305-8568

tel. +81-298-61-5636
fax. +81-298-61-2939

email: paul-fons at aist.go.jp

The following lines are in a Japanese font

〒305-8562 茨城県つくば市つくば中央東 1-1-1
産業技術総合研究所
ナノエレクトロニクス研究部門
相変化新規機能デバイス研究チーム