[Ifeffit] "PCA not enabled" on Mac version of Demeter: Athena

Ellen Daugherty ellen.daugherty at colostate.edu
Fri Oct 3 13:50:48 CDT 2014

Hello XAFS community,

I recently upgraded to the new version of Demeter (0.9.20) for Mac and am
trying to run principal components analysis on my spectra. When I click on
"Principle components analysis" from the main menu, the window shows the
following message:
"PCA is not enabled on this computer.
The most likely reason is that the perl modules PDL and/or PDL::Stats are
not available."

Perhaps the solution here is simple, but I am not familiar with perl
modules and do not understand the source of the issue. I could not find
information about this problem in the Mail Archive, though I may have
missed something. Do I need to download the PDL perl modules separately
from the Demeter installation? Could there be files that are not located in
the proper directory? Or perhaps PCA is simply not available for Macs?

Please let me know if further information would help in solving this
problem.

Thank you!

Ellen

--