[Ifeffit] [SPAM] Re: problem about negative

ZHAN Fei zhanfei at ihep.ac.cn
Tue Nov 11 08:46:16 CST 2014

Hi Bruce:
 Thanks a lot for your advise.
      I reconsider the path I used in my fit,I found Mo-O 1.7A and Mo-O 1.6A,though has 0.1A difference,but has big gap in phase of Chi,it may cause using the false path lead to negative N to numerically correct it.0.1A diatance can cause such big difference,Why we usually use path just "reff not far from bond length "?Picture of two path is atached.
      My sample is a cluster(Mo K edge,has been attached) which has Mo-O Mo-S,maybe Mo-Mo bond.I am not sure whether the first peak in R space is real coordiantion shell or not,but I also fit it use a Mo-O 1.5A path,delr of bond length and enot is a little bigger.
  ssO                =   0.01240260    # +/-   0.00124076     [0.00300]
  delrO              =   0.17825404    # +/-   0.02825020     [0]
  enot               = -13.42877449    # +/-   1.98759165     [0]

Rbkg>1.1 can avoid the first peak,but the remaining curve is somewhat not smooth.How to distinguish whether a long wavelength oscillation appear as a real peak or false one?I am confused about it.
       I find when I avoid the first scattering peak after white line(kmin=4.8 maybe too large),the first peak of R space disappeared.Because usually the first scatering peak is related to the first coordiantion shell,can I think the first peak in R space less 1A is a real peak instead of noise?

Thanks
Sincerely,