[Ifeffit] installing Demeter on Yosemite

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 10 09:33:15 CST 2014

I want to remind everyone of the state of the Mac package of Demeter.

As I said a couple weeks ago, the fellow who kindly made the Mac
package is no longer able to provide support for it due to a change in
his position at his place of employment.  See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg04748.html

Unless someone volunteers to maintain the MacPorts package (or to
provide some other packaging solution fo rthe Mac), problems like the
one Kate reports will continue and the MacPorts package will
eventually become useless.

If no one is willing to volunteer for this responsibility, then I am
afraid that the answer to an email like Kate's is that Demeter is
simply unsupported on the Mac and that she is on her own.

That seems like a shame.  But as I said in my earlier email, I do not
own a Mac, so I am unable to provide specific support for that
platform.