[Ifeffit] Larch-0.9.24 with Python2

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 5 07:23:43 CST 2014

Hi Matthias,

OK, having scipy 0.9.0 is almost certainly the problem.  I'm not
entirely sure how far back in scipy versions would be supported, but I
believe that version 0.12 will work, and am certain that 0.13 will
work.   In fact, I'm pretty sure that version 0.13 is made several
changes to the minimization package.   I believe I may be relying on
some of those changes for being able to use minimization method other
than the default Levenberg-Marquardt least-squares algorithm  (not
that this is recommended for autobk() or feffit(), but it can
sometimes be useful in other fitting problems).

The version of numpy you have should be not be a problem.

I'll set the required versions of scipy to 0.13 and numpy to 1.5.