[Ifeffit] Reporting the fitting data (uncertainty associated with N)

pushkar shejwalkar pshejwalkar2004 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:22:47 CST 2014

Dear All,
          I have seen and also been told by few professors that when you
report the fitting you must report the uncertainty associated with the
measurement as evaluated by the program used for the fitting.
Now, When I do the fitting I typically get the +/- values for E0, delR, ss
and SO2. However, the N value we always put either 1,2 or such whole
integers. Is there any way to find out the uncertainty associated with the
coordination number (N used in XAFS equation)?
If so how to find such uncertainty? can we see this in the log file
generated after the fitting is over?
Thank you very much for the help

Best Regards,
Pushkar Shejwalkar.