[Ifeffit] atoms tab doesnt appear on d-artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue May 13 08:25:06 CDT 2014

Sarah,

You are describing the intended behavior of Artemis.  If you import a
feff.inp file, then Artemis presumes that there is no associated
crystallographic data.

The assumption made when a feff.inp file is imported is that the
feff.inp has been specially prepared in some way outside of Artemis.  In
that case, it would be inappropriate for Artemis to overwrite that feff
input data.  To avoid that situation, the Atoms tab is disabled.

That does not seem to be the case in the screenshot you included.
Judging from the bit of the feff input data visible in the screenshot,
it seems as though you somehow generated a feff.inp file with a Demeter
program, saved the feff.inp file to disk, then imported it into Artemis.
  That is not the normal path through the software, but it's not wrong.
  In any case, Artemis is treating your feff.inp file as "specially
prepared" in the sense explained above.

If you want to run Atoms, import crystallographic data.