[Ifeffit] Fwd: Re: Solid AuCl EXAFS fitting – big N

Gleb Pokrovski gleb.pokrovski at get.obs-mip.fr
Mon Jun 30 02:56:50 CDT 2014

Dear Sin-Yuen,

Your Au(I)Cl seems to be significantly oxidized to HAu(III)Cl4,
as can be judged by the pronounced pre-edge feature at ~11921 eV,
typical of square-coordinated Au(III) compounds.

I added a few (likely good!) spectra of Au(III) and Au(I) chloride
reference compounds
to your athena file (attached), together with the  paper in which they
were published.

My AuCl(s) looks much less oxidized than yours, but still might be
somewhat altered;
the best Au(I)Cl2 reference, to my opinion, is the aqueous AuCl2(-)
complex, which is stable
in acidic Cl solutions at elevated temperatures (included in the file).
Please feel free to use these spectra by referring to this paper.

best regards

Gleb

Dr. Gleb S. Pokrovski
Directeur de Recherche CNRS
Associate Editor of Economic Geology
Associate Editor of Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta
Geosciences Environnement Toulouse (ex-LMTG)
GET - UMR 5563 of CNRS, University of Toulouse III
14 avenue  Edouard Belin , F- 31400 TOULOUSE, France
e-mail:gleb.pokrovski at get.obs-mip.fr;glebounet at gmail.com
phone: 33-5-61-33-26-18 , fax: 33-5-61-33-25-60