[Ifeffit] Aligning EXAFS E0 to Theory

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Jun 5 14:41:25 CDT 2014

Hi Abney:

What you need to do is

1. Import the data for each scan.

2. if you have multiple scans for each sample, verify that they are all
aligned (that is that the monochromator energy calibration has not
changed) by comparing the edge of all of the reference channels (if you
have reference) or the data scans themselves.

3. If they all align, just skip to step 5 below, if they do not, then ...

4. Align all the scans by aligning the derivatives or whatever method you
want to us (experiment...)

5. Merge all the data

6. take the merged data set and make sure that the edge position is where
you want it, usually at the peak in the first derivative of the edge jump.

That is it.  When you are doing the fitting, allow E0 to vary and if it is
too big, go back to the data and adjust it because it is likely that you
assined it incorrectly.

Carlo