[Ifeffit] athena working issues on windows 8 and Ubuntu 14.04

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jul 31 10:42:38 CDT 2014

On 07/31/2014 11:24 AM, FláviaDonária Reis wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I'm having the ame problems reported, least at windows 7. The software
> Athene shows an error messange, informing that can't read my file .dat type.
> How can I proceeding to solver this question?
>
> best regards,
>
> Flávia Donária

I'll respond to you with the same comment I made to Yanyun,

      I do not have a Windows 8 machine of my own -- my employers do
      not allow us to use Windows 8.  So I am reliant upon reports from
      users.  I have been told by Windows 8 users that the 0.9.20
      pre-release packages work just fine.  So I am suspicious (but by
      no means certain) that your problem has more to do with your
      computer than with the package.

      I would need to see more information.  Is anything written to the
      log file?

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/bugs.pod.html#Capturing_error_messages_from_Demete

      Is anything written to the screen if you try to launch Athena
      from a command window?

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2