[Ifeffit] Fwd: problems by using Artemis and Demeter

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jul 28 08:26:13 CDT 2014

Marika,

I am responding via the Ifeffit mailing list, which is the appropriate
venue for questions about the software.  Please use it.  It is to your
significant benefit to use the mailing list as it exposes you to other
people who may be able to answer your questions.  This is
particularly useful at a time when I am on vacation, as I was for the
last several days.

You did not identify the version of Artemis that you are using,
although your email suggests that you are not using the most current
version.  I simply do not have the resources to provide support for
any but the most recent version of my software.

Your postscript comment is similarly ambiguous in that you did not tell
me what file you were attempting to import nor what actions you took.
See this page of the document:

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/artug/startup/main.html#thefilemenu

and, in particular, note the explanation of the "Import" submenu,
which provides a tool for importing project files (.apj) from the very
old version of Artemis.  As I have discussed many times on the mailing
list, .apj file import is spotty, but has imporved over time as people
have reported problems in a way that is clear and actionable.

Cheers,