[Ifeffit] Can the degeneracy (N) in Artemis be a variable?

Jason Gaudet jason.r.gaudet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 16:47:34 CDT 2014

I assume you mean you "can't assign a [variable] to N."

It's a quirk of FEFF that the value of N for a path must be a number
(perhaps even an integer?) but amplitude may be any number or a variable.
For that reason it's typical (or at least common practice in my experience)
to leave N as 1 and define the amplitude as some function of So2,
degeneracy, percent of that phase, or whatever else is appropriate for your
sample.

-Jason