[Ifeffit] Demeter OS X plot button colors in Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jul 17 17:22:53 CDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 12:02 PM, Schima, Frank wrote:
> We are seeing an issue in Athena where the plot buttons are not colored
> correctly. According to section 2.1 of the Athena Users’s Guide, the top
> row of plot buttons highlighted in the image should be the same color
> (purple) as the plotting option widgets below them. The 2nd row of plot
> buttons should be yellowish. However on OS X, all plot buttons appear
> uncolored. By far the best way to illustrate this is with a screenshot
> of the Athena UI. I hope the attached image is clear enough to show the
> issue.

Hi Frank,

I had thought you and I had already discussed this issue.  Maybe it was
all in my head!

The buttons do not get colored correctly on the Mac.  As Jennifer
pointed out, there is a feint glow around the two button rows, but it is
hardly obvious.  As she says, top row of buttons --> left column of
controls & bottom row --> right column.

One of these days, I'll get an opportunity to sit down with a Mac and
play around with the button colors.  Since this does not happen on
either linux or Windows, i am at a bit of a loss for how to
troubleshoot.  To be honest, it's astonishing to me that my software
works on the Mac without my ever having tried it myself.  Wx really has
solved the cross-platform problem quite well.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2