[Ifeffit] Athena/Artemis/Atoms OSX (10.9.3) issues

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 11 10:44:09 CDT 2014

On 07/11/2014 11:30 AM, Jennifer Carter wrote:
> but I can't seem to find the demeter.ini file  to change the "tips"
> parameter to false.

It should be at $HOME/.horae/demeter.ini

However, if you have never run Athena, then the tip dialog may show up
before the .ini file gets written.  Hmmm...

If so, then you need to find the "athena.demeter_conf" file with is
under the place found by

    perl -e 'use Demeter; print $INC{"Demeter.pm"}, $/'

in "Demeter/configuration/".  Near the top is a line that says
"variable=tips".  Soon after that is a line that says "default=true".
Edit true to false and try again.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful and less command-line-y, but I
just don't own a Mac.  This is the best I can do.

Or you can wait a few more days until the -devel package gets updated.

I am sorry if this is frustrating for you.  I am working on it just as
fast as I can.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel