[Ifeffit] XAFS 16 Sat. Meeting announcement

Edmund Welter edmund.welter at desy.de
Tue Jul 8 05:54:48 CDT 2014

Dear mail list users,

as you probably know the next XAFS conference (XAFS 16) will be held
from August 23rd to 28th 2015 in Karlsruhe, Germany. Around the main
conference a small number of Satellite meetings will be organised. One
of these meetings will be organised at the DESY site in Hamburg,
Germany. The title of this Satellite meetings is: "Data acquisition,
treatment, storage -- quality assurance in XAFS spectroscopy". Almost 5
years after the Q2XAFS workshop in Tsukuba, Japan the idea behind this
meeting is, to recapitulate the developments during the last 5 years and
to discuss strategies for further improvement of XAFS data taking and
XAFS data evaluation and storage.

First information about the meeting is summarised in the attached flyer
and on the meeting's webpage (see:
https://indico.desy.de/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=10169). The
information on the webpage will be updated and further information
especially about registration, travel and accommodation added as soon as
it becomes available.

Please send me a mail if you have any comment, suggestions for further
session topics and/or questions! I am also interested in getting a first
impression about the possible number of participants and would therefore
appreciate if you send me (edmund.welter at desy.de) a short notice if you
could imagine to participate in the meeting.

Best regards

Edmund Welter