[Ifeffit] Demeter-devel Athena on OS 10.9.4

Margaret Hinkle mhinkle at eps.wustl.edu
Mon Jul 7 21:48:39 CDT 2014

Dear Emmanuelle,
I just realized I gave one option to fix this -- not exactly the directions
that Bruce gave for step 1. To fix it that way (perhaps the easiest way) do
the following:
1. Open Terminal. You want to change your directory to where demeter.ini
lives -- which as Bruce said, is in $HOME/.horae. To do this, type into
Terminal: cd $HOME/.horae
2. Hit enter
2. In Terminal, type: open demeter.ini
3. Demeter.ini should open -- go to the section [athena], and change the
line with 'tips = false' to 'tips = true'

It should work from there.

If you have trouble opening the demeter.ini file following the above,
perhaps the safest thing to do is to do this without Terminal. Just make
sure that you are able to see hidden files on your computer, otherwise you
will think that .horae does not exist. You will find demeter.ini in:
1. /'your user or home folder'/.horae
2. Open demeter.ini with Text Edit or some similar application. Go to the
section [athena], and change the line with 'tips = false' to 'tips = true'

Best,
Margaret Anne

------------------------------------
Margaret Anne G. Hinkle