[Ifeffit] Bug Report: Error while handling files in Athena in the latest version, Demeter 0.9.20_pre7

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jul 7 07:45:52 CDT 2014

On 07/07/2014 05:45 AM, Badari Rao wrote:
> First of all, when I freshly open Athena and import a file, it gives
> some kind of warning, which says can't locate Encoding/FixLatin/XS.pm in
> @NIC.. etc. I have attached a screenshot of the warning message.
> However, I could continue with my work without any problem, and
> importing more files did not give this warning.

I am aware of this problem, which began with the most recent trial
release for 0.9.20.  As you say, it is not serious as you can simply
click "OK" and carry on.  But it is distracting.  It will be fixed in
the next trial release.

 > The second problem, which is a major one is that I am not able to use
 > the "align data" option. Whenever I select my data and click on
 > "align data", the software crashes and closes. kindly look into this
 > issue. I would also like to mention that both these bugs were not
 > present in the earlier version: Demeter 0.9.20_pre5.

This is actually the same problem that George reported on the Mac late
last week.  I believe that I fixed it last week.  I will build a new
trial release later today and let you know when it is available.

Thanks for the feedback.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel