[Ifeffit] Bug Report: Error while handling files in Athena in the latest version, Demeter 0.9.20_pre7

Badari Rao badari.rao at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 04:45:55 CDT 2014

Dear Sir,
I am facing two problems while handling files in Athena.

First of all, when I freshly open Athena and import a file, it gives some
kind of warning, which says can't locate Encoding/FixLatin/XS.pm in @NIC..
etc. I have attached a screenshot of the warning message. However, I could
continue with my work without any problem, and importing more files did not
give this warning.

The second problem, which is a major one is that I am not able to use the
"align data" option. Whenever I select my data and click on "align data",
the software crashes and closes. kindly look into this issue. I would also
like to mention that both these bugs were not present in the earlier
version: Demeter 0.9.20_pre5.

Thanking You,
-- Yours Sincerely,
Badari Narayana. A. R.
Ph.D Student, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,
c/o Prof Rajeev Ranjan,
Electroceramics Lab,
Department of Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science.