[Ifeffit] Demeter-devel MacPorts Athena issues & work-around

Kevin Jorissen kevinjorissenpdx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:22:02 CDT 2014

"It's kinda what I do on this mailing list."

And I think I'm unsubscribing for that reason (although, like many others
undoubtedly, I am probably professionally condemned to return eventually).
 In ten years of helping countless users as an expert on WIEN2k resp. FEFF,
and encountering all the frustrations that come with mailing lists and
novice users, I have not seen people treated the way they sometimes are on
this mailing list.  It goes against my values around helping users; it
makes me uncomfortable; and I don't want to see it anymore.

Much to your credit, you proceeded to type also several long and detailed
paragraphs addressing the issue, which were helpful to the user.

I would be delighted if you were willing to protect your time and energy (a
valid need) in a friendlier way.

Best regards,

Kevin Jorissen

PS still reachable through www.feffproject.org or at by e-mail for