[Ifeffit] Absorption-coefficient data repository?

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jan 27 12:44:54 CST 2014

On 01/27/2014 01:30 PM, Damon Turney wrote:
> Dear XAFS Community,
>
> I'm looking for values of absorption coefficient (or mass absorption
> coefficient) of ZnO in the XANES region of the Zn edge, but all the
> publications give XANES plots in "arbitrary units", so I have no way
> of knowing the absorption coefficient for ZnO.
>
> Does anybody know a data repository where absorption coefficients are
> collected?
>
> Thanks,
> Damon

You have ways of knowing such things.

The document for my Hephaestus program lists citations for the various
data resources available in my Xray::Absorption perl module:

   http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/aug/hephaestus.html#credits

The original data for the various resources comes with Demeter and can
be browsed at:

   https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/tree/master/lib/Xray/data

This is is from Matt Newville and Darren Dale and it very useful:

   https://github.com/XraySpectroscopy/XrayDB

LBL's Center for X-ray Optics is a classic resource:

   http://henke.lbl.gov/optical_constants/

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel