[Ifeffit] about 0.9.19 -- problem plotting

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Jan 21 08:51:18 CST 2014

If you installed version 0.9.19 on your Windows machine, you may now be
having plotting troubles.  A common symptom is that no plot appears and
Athena offers no error message.  If that happens, you may notice that
the plotting range is [0:0].  You can reset the plotting range by hand,
although there are other problems.

You should uninstall 0.9.19 and go back to the earlier version.  Sorry
about that.  0.9.19 has some very serious problems.  I am working on a
new release which will address them.

After reverting to 0.9.18, you should delete the file
%APPDATA%\demeter\demeter.ini to fix the plot range problem.  Once this
file is deleted, Athena and Artemis should operate normally.

On WinXP %APPDATA% is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

On Win 7 and 8, it is C:\Users\<username>\AppDataRoaming\

<username> is your log in name.

Thank you for your patience,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel