[Ifeffit] Demeter not working on Windows 8.1 64bit

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Tue Jan 14 16:17:04 CST 2014

Installing 0.9.19 overtop of 0.9.18.2 and Athena works fine.

Installing 0.9.19 clean (deleting demeter directory under appdata/roaming)
2nd attempt to open file in DAthena results in only 1 mini-graph.

Ranges are 0 for Emin/max, kmin/max, Rmin/max - putting a valid range
restores
full graph e.g. Rmin = 0 , Rmax = 6 gives full-size R-space
graph...ditto for fixing other
ranges. Fixed 3 out of 4 and read in a new file...obtained 3
mini-graphs...reset q range
as well and that one appears too.

Exited. Restarted. Read in file -
Show Command Buffer/Plot Buffer
## energy quadrant
set title "{/*1.6 Energy}"
set xlabel "{/*1.4 Energy&{aa}(eV)}"
set ylabel "{/*1.4 x{/Symbol m}(E)}"
#set xrange [ 11870.11617648 : 11870.11617648 ]
plot 'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_vlxtfjcm' using
1:2 with lines ls 2,\
      'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_tfoziltm'
using 1:2 with lines ls 1,\
      'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_fthredqy'
using 1:2 with lines ls 3,\
      'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_iebbuian'
using 1:2 with lines ls 4

## k quadrant
set title "{/*1.5 k-space}"
set xlabel "{/*1.2 Wavenumber&{aa}({\305}^{-1})}"
set ylabel "{/*1.2 k^{2} {\267} {/Symbol c}(k)&{aa}({\305}^{-2})}"
set xrange [ 0 : 0 ]
plot 'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_xizghpwm' using
1:2 with lines ls 1

## R quadrant
set title "{/*1.5 R-space}"
set xlabel "{/*1.2 Radial distance&{aa}({\305})}"
set ylabel "{/*1.2 {/*1.25 |}{/Symbol c}(R){/*1.25 |}&{aa}({\305}^{-3})}"
set xrange [ 0 : 0 ]
plot 'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_nwtxpqxm' using
1:2 with lines ls 1,\
      'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_vysurgrh'
using 1:2 with lines ls 2

## q quadrant
set title "{/*1.5 q-space}"
set xlabel "{/*1.2 Wavenumber&{aa}({\305}^{-1})}"
set ylabel "{/*1.2 {/*1.25 Re[}{/Symbol c}(q){/*1.25 ]}&{aa}({\305}^{-2})}"
set xrange [ 0 : 0 ]
plot 'C:\Users\ragordon\AppData\Roaming\demeter\stash\gp_hxroumyr' using
1:2 with lines ls 1

unset multiplot

So, seems to be setting the xranges to zero for a clean install these
plots, and gnuplot
doesn't plot if no xrange. If I reset, then I can move around and use
DAthena 9.19
without issue...DArtemis is still an unhappy DHuntress with fpj files...