[Ifeffit] Demeter not working on Windows 8.1 64bit

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Jan 14 15:28:30 CST 2014

On 01/14/2014 04:11 PM, Robert Gordon wrote:
> Hi Matt, Shoaib (and Bruce lurking in the luminiferous ether),
>
> I have 8.1 x64 on my laptop and just upgraded to 0.9.19 - clean install.
> I can offer some additional details on this problem.
>
> I read in a file in DAthena, extracted the chi(k) and saved the project.
> All buttons worked. When the file was read in, 4 mini-graphs displayed,
> and I could select k, E, R as desired for full graph.
>
> The second time I run it, reading in the exact same file, only the
> energy mini-graph
> displays and the E,k and R buttons no longer produce any graphs.
>
>  From the clean install, I saved the DAthena.prj. I started DArtemis,
> read in the DAthena.prj
> file, haven't tried fitting but saved the DArtemis fpj file.
> If I try re-opening the fpj file I just saved in DArtemis, DArtemis
> crashes,
> but re-opening the DAthena prj file after starting DArtemis is not a
> problem.
>
> In DAthena, if I go to the appdata/roaming/demeter directory and delete
> the demeter.ini file,
> DAthena will display all 4 mini-graphs when I open the prj file and the
> k,R,E buttons work.

Robert,

If you are inclined to help me with some troubleshooting, I have a request.

If you can recreate the situation where only the energy part of the
quad plot is displayed and the plot buttons stop working, could you
tell me a couple things:

   1. What are the values for the plotting ranges in E, k, R, and q?
      The reason I ask is that I stumbled upon a situation where Emin,
      Emax, kmin, etc all got set to zero (as did a bunch of other
      parameters).  I could not figure out how to reproduce that
      problem, but it would be helpful to know if it happened to
      someone else.

   2. In the Monitor menu, click on "Show command buffer".  In the
      "Plot buffer" at the bottom of the window scroll up just a little
      bit to where you'll see lines that say things like

         plot '/home/bruce/.horae/stash/gp_vdnzxmxl' using 1:2 with
lines ls 1,\
              '/home/bruce/.horae/stash/gp_wfaastqg' using 1:2 with
lines ls 2

      What I want to know is if the 8 random characters after
      "stash/gp_" are the same or different (as in my example here).

In short, I want to know if you have seen some problems I have
observed by not been able to reproduce.

0.9.19 does not appear to be one of my better packaging efforts, alas.