[Ifeffit] Demeter not working on Windows 8.1 64bit

Shoaib Muhammad mshoaibce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:46:22 CST 2014

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and after this
upgrade I can't run Athena and Artemis. The problem symptoms are:

1-      If I use Demeter version 0.9.13, Athena opens but when I try to open
previously saved file, Athena simply crashes without showing any error.
Artemis also shows similar behavior.

2-      By using latest build Demeter 0.9.19, Athena behavior is slightly
different it opens the files and show the plot. But pressing the E,k,R
buttons does not change the plot. Artemis still crashes by opening any
project file without any error.

I have tried following things, installed in compatibility mode of Windows7.
Athena worked fine only once after installing in compatibility mode.

Installed in different drives but situations remains the same. Tried to "run
as Admin" but no improvement.

Installed Demeter on three different computers running Windows 8.1 x64 but
similar behavior is received.

Kindly suggest me some work around because I have to use Demeter on almost
daily basis. I have attached log file obtained from Demeter 0.9.13 running
under Window 8.1 x64.

Thanks,

Shoaib Muhammad

Department of Energy Science