[Ifeffit] cannot run demeter 0.9.19

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Jan 10 09:45:42 CST 2014

George,

I think this may be a problem with the splashscreen.  (One that,
frustratingly, I don't see on any of my Windows computers.  Grrr....)

Could you try an experiment for me?

Open the file C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\dathena.bat and comment out
line 23, the one that says

   use Wx::Perl::SplashFast
Demeter::Here->here.'UI/Athena/share/logo.jpg', 4000;

Comment it out with a # mark, like so:

#  use Wx::Perl::SplashFast
Demeter::Here->here.'UI/Athena/share/logo.jpg', 4000;

Save it and try launching Athena again.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks,