[Ifeffit] Query re: Athena and Artemis user guides

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jan 9 10:23:13 CST 2014

On 01/09/2014 10:56 AM, Leon Clarke wrote:
> I recollect that the Athena and Artemis user guides used to be available
> as PDF files (which I found useful). Am I correct that the latest guides
> are now only accessible as internet pages, as I can’t seem to find a
> download link?

I just put links to PDF copies of the two Users' Guides on the Demeter
home page: http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/

A couple things to note:

  1. When you install either from source or from the Windows installer,
     full HTML copies of the users' guides get installed as well.

  2. The PDF files are generated from the same source as the html.  I
     have spent a lot of time making the html look reasonable.  (Not
     great, but reasonable!)  The PDF are pretty rough and have some
     obvious layout problems.  But I just skimmed through both of them.
     They are usable, though certainly not beautiful.

Thanks for asking.  I had stopped updating the PDF versions because I
didn't know that anyone was using them.  How 'bout that!

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel