[Ifeffit] Demeter 0.9.19

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jan 9 08:04:00 CST 2014

On 01/09/2014 08:24 AM, Stefano Luciano Ciurli wrote:
> Hello Bruce and thank you for your hard work!
> instructions to install on OS X 10.6.8?

There is not a Mac package.  I do not own a Mac and and so do not have
the ability to develop a Mac package on my own.

Over the years, no one has ever stepped up to help me develop a Mac
package for Demeter.  (Or Debian packages, or RedHat packages, for
that matter.)  Frankly, the work I do on the Windows package takes a
lot of time.  The only way I can claim that time fits in my job
description is because my group uses Windows machines at our
beamlines.  Help would be welcome to develop packages for Mac and
other platforms, but despite repeated requests over many years, no one
has ever volunteered and actually seen it through to completion.

So, you have four choices here:

   1. Find other software
   2. Use a virtual machine and run the Windows package
   3. Install Demeter from source, including all the dependencies
   4. If you do #3, then you might as well step up and help make a
      package happen on the platform of your choice

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel